Monday, July 26, 2010

Immortal Beloved

ahhh the trashiness? nope no trashiness contained in these pages. "what is?" you might say well i then would say many small little black letters and also a great little story and just to appeal to the main young adult book readers a little bit of romance. so basically we have Nastasya ("Nasty" i was disappointed this nickname was featured only a few times) so Nasty is an immortal flying through the ages on a magical carpet of drugs and alcohol with her friend Innocencio ("Incy") but after one night of debauchery Nasty wakes up to the fact that she is slowly getting worse so she flies over to America (As you do...) and enters into an immortal rehab centre owned by this ancient hippy River, of course this is where the handsome love interest is inserted. throughout this part of the book we slowly start to understand Nasty and her motivations.

I was kind of apprehensive about reading this but Claire (http://silverfishfood.blogspot.com/) convinced me otherwise, there i was expecting another trashy novel but it was actually really good! i felt for the characters even the love interest (Scandinavian immortal Reyn, if anyone wants to know) all in all it was well written, great characters and a reeeeeeeallllly good plot. 4/5
FACT-About twenty-five percent of the population sneeze when they are exposed to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I'm reading

  • angel
  • the diamond of drury lane
  • The survival game
  • Nick and Norah's infinite playlist
  • Fever Crumb; Phillip Reeve

About Me

My photo
I am Tom. I can jump. I can read. Read me jumping. Read me reading.